Foundations to Finding and Solving Business Problems
I Googled ‘business problems’ and 1.21B results returned in .51 seconds. Then I Googled ‘business solutions’ and 362M results were returned in .44 seconds. I observed 4 things.
- There are 4x more problems than solutions
- I wish I could find problems and solutions in less than a second
- People advertised on solutions, but not on problems
- There are millions of opinions and ideas
In over 40 years of finding and solving business problems, I’ve narrowed the scope in 4 foundational areas.
PEOPLE – Interacting with customers, selling, supporting and their underlying behaviors (culture) built into the business.
PROCESSES – Whether formal, informal or institutional every business has procedures. They normally mix manual and mechanical together.
PRODUCT – Either a tangible product or a service your business provides to customers.
SYSTEMS – This can be automation, systems or form that is meant to support an employee, or customer, performing a task.
These are foundations to explore within any business, or operation. People may utilize;
– Big Data – LEAN – Six Sigma
– Walking Around – Secret Shoppers – Surveys
– NPS – SAT Surveys – Stock Price
– Profits – Revenue Growth – Excess Inventory
– Time to Delivery – Market Share – Many other points
to identify issues or problems. 99+% of the time the root cause boils down to People, Processes, Product and/or Systems. Don’t be guided or fooled into anything else. Chances are if you believe it’s not one of these, it’s probably only a symptom.
Our team of Globulus Engagement Directors and Affiliate Partners focus our complete attention into these areas for an entire company of 50K employees, or a single department of 20. Click here to learn more