St. Louis, MO
Engagement Director & Founding Member
How Pat Can Help
- Review your company’s current competitive strategy and identify opportunities in marketing, pricing, sales, distribution and operations to maximize it
- Assess current marketing and sales management efforts to identify opportunities to increase effectiveness
- Identify new product/service opportunities and assist product development efforts
- VP of Marketing/Product Management Citicorp Acceptance
- VP Consumer Lending Texas Commerce Bank (Chase)
- VP Marketing/Product Management National Bankcard Corporation
- VP Marketing/Product (JMFE/Southeast Toyota)
- Founding executive at StraightAway, an internet site enabling private party used car sales and lending; Transource BPO, creating technology focused operations solutions; and GMS Interactive, technology solutions for call center clients
- MS Business University of Kansas
- BS Business Administration University of Kansas
- Financial Services and Healthcare
- Enterprise Competitive Strategy Development
- Marketing Management (B2B and B2C)
- Product Development & Management
- Consumer Risk Management
- Technology Innovation from concept development to program implementation
- Developed special off hours loan approval program that increased overall sales among target current and prospective dealers by 40%
- Coordinated retail POS signature capture efforts among key stakeholders (National Bankcard, VeriFone, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and other card issuers)
- Part of executive team that developed and rolled out Toyota Certified Pre-Owned program for Southeast Toyota. Used by Toyota as the benchmark program for its national CPO rollout
- Led development of a voice recognition solution for a warranty company that reduced customer sign up costs by over 70%
Pat’s career path has led him from very large, complex, international companies to small, entrepreneurial start-ups.
He has led marketing and product management efforts for divisions at Citicorp, National Bankcard and Toyota. In these roles he was responsible for brand management, consumer risk, pricing, all elements of marketing for B2C and B2B efforts, and new product development. These were demanding, highly visible executive roles that required a thorough understanding of all elements of the product’s business model, regulatory and operational components.
For each product, Pat was ultimately responsible for creating the competitive strategy and executing the game plan on a national basis in concert with the sales team. These were detail-driven environments with a focus on delivering explicit financial goals.
Taking the experience and lessons learned from his experience in these large corporations, Pat was recruited by a large, national bank’s investment banking group to join an Internet start-up business focused on enabling used car sales between private individuals.
Pat later became involved with small, entrepreneurial, technology oriented companies focused on financial services and healthcare, adding his marketing, client management, and product and project management skills to their executive team.
Pat has continued to work with small and medium companies in a consulting capacity assisting their M&A activities for either buyer or seller, branding, competitive strategy development and sales force management.
Pat earned a BS degree in Business Administration and MS degree in Business from the University of Kansas.